Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Grand Budapest Hotel

I haven't seen the movie in a while.
It's not on Netflix Instant stream so I am going from memory.
The connection I can see between Stefan Zweig and the Movie is that the movie takes place in the time frame of Zweig's stories and they all hit on Love, Loss, and Death.
The movie was entertaining and kept me following because of the dark comedy and striking visuals.
Zweig's writings, not so much.
I really liked the prison characters. The shirtless old guy with twitchy muscles was a great character that stuck with me....
...so yeah...
Sorry, not much more for me to write about on this literature besides I didn't really like it due to the subject matter. I do not like close to reality stories. I guess this is because the life I have lived has been filled with traumatic real stories that I chose not to relive. If I have a choice in reading and watching I chose fantasy. It's better for my Psyche. Otherwise I find myself rehashing old traumatic memories.
 My Past: Combat Search and Rescue and Firefighter Paramedic

This is why I choose fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment