Monday, January 11, 2016

Questions from Instructor

Origins-

Instructor: "What is your lineage?"

This question can be taken in a couple different ways.
My mother researched a lot of our family tree history when I was young and up until recently I might have gone this route to describe my lineage.
Although this does have bearing of some of my personality and hard headedness as it was handed down for generations which I am very grateful for.
I do have native american in me, Russian, German, Scottish Irish, in other words a giant mutt of the human petri dish we call society.
I was brought up my a very stable family. Very pride full family that taught hard work, truthfulness, faith and religion will get you through life. I took these lessons and flew the coop to for my own reality if you will in my life.
After battling it out within myself to dig deep and fly the coop and experience the world or stay in a beautiful area I know and love in California I enlisted into the USAF.
I enlisted to become a USAF Pararescueman (Special Operations Combat Search and Rescue). Two grueling years of blood sweat and tears and the finest military schools pushed me through an 85% washout rate to become a Pararescueman. I continued another 4 yrs in the Pararescue field. My persistence pushed me through 12 Nasa launch Support missions, Operations Northern and Southern Watch and Operation Enduring Freedom. I later married and became a Firefighter Paramedic for 8 years before the Art bug deep inside me rose to the surface.

What is my lineage? Willfulness.... Determination.

Instructor: "Who are my influences?

My influences range from movies to dominant male and female figures in my life:

My Father
My Mother
My Brothers
My friends
Fellow Pararescueman
Fellow Firefighters
Lost Pararescueman
Lost  Firefighters
Lost friends
Lost family
Funny Movies
Cartoons(GI Joe, Transformers, TMNT, Heman)
1980's and 90's action Action and Scifi  Movies
Comics

Instructor "What is Your ideology?"

38 years of life.
6 yrs military and 8 yrs public service as careers in addition to having a family of wife and two children has formed me into the ever evolving person I am today.
Life is Short.
Go with the flow.
Don't take thing too seriously.
Do what it is you are passionate to do when you are at the passions peak.
Do it before you get too old or broken.
Do it before you have kids.
Do it before your kids grow too quickly.
DO NOT be the 80 yr old man who looks back and says I wish I would have done this when I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment