Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Longest Ride...movie

I was conned into watching the adapted movie version of "The Longest Ride." Yes, I'm married..so not much of a choice sometimes. Makes me a better man. Nicholas Sparks wrote the original book which I occasionally picked up to see what my wife was reading. Interesting cowboy story.
It was alright. I enjoyed the Alan Alda character, Ira Levenstien. It reminded me of how lucky my wife and I are in the fact that his character and wife could not have children due to a war injury he received during World War 2. I find myself able to connect to characters that have had some experience in the military.

Coming from a California hick town I also understood the main character played by Clint Eastwood's son. Don't remember his name. I will call him The Cowboy. He was a bull rider. He rode bulls for the adrenaline rush of it even though he had brain damage from a ride in the opening scene of the movie. His excuse was to help keep his moms ranch going financially. I never rode but I knew people who did. I was addicted to adrenaline and used the military to satisfy that addiction.

Back to the movie. The main man mets a girl who become friends fall in love and he rides the bull that destroyed him in the beginning of the movie and they live happily ever after. Normal ending.. but there was a nice twist of Alan Alda's character. He passes away at the end then leaving his priceless art collection his wife collected to the Cowboy. Millions.
The movie was tolerable. Now I get a Sci Fi movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment