Sunday, January 31, 2016

True Grit Part 2

So I accidentally watched Rooster Cogburn the sequel to True Grit version with John Wayne.
I originally thought all of this stated bellow because I thought I was watching True Grit:
My notes:
1. The focus is completely on Cogburns character. It is from his point of view.
2. Mattie isn't even in this version.
3. The story revolves around a load of Nitroglycerine reaching its destination NOT Matties revenge for her fathers murder.
4. A Father does get killed. A preacher. No kids. But him and a nun were preaching to native american kids at a time where a bad guy Hawk and his gang kills the preacher and others.
5. So this nun and native american kid go with Cogburn because Cogburn is bringing them in in addition to the Nitro payload.
6. Cogburn briefly refers to Ned Pepper and his gang from the book. Telling an old story to the boy and giving him a revolver in the same way he tried to give Mattie the revolver. Which in the book she refused because she had her fathers revolver.

......

Now I know that I just need to see part 1 of the series again. It's late.. I watched the wrong movie..
So I watched a few clips of the right movie and it looks as if it follows the same plot as the book..
Again... tired
Another night maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment